2013 Season Highlights - Potatoes

As previously mentioned, I grew small container crops of potatoes this year that tucked away neatly between the beds. Yields were small to medium but provided plenty of seasonal fodder.

It's interesting to note that none of the varieties actually bloomed except for Russian Blue which produced seed pods as well. (I'll be experimenting with those next year).

Warba

Blue Russian and seed pods (aka TPS - true potato seed)

Unknown supermarket. I suspect a Chieftain relative.

Sieglinde

Russian Banana fingerlings

Yukon Gold

Chieftain organic


I grew Chieftain before so nothing new there. Blue Russian does tend to be starchy while Sieglinde, Russian Banana and Yukon Gold are waxy and firm - just how I like 'em. Top producers: Yukon Gold, Russian Banana and Warba.

No comments:

Post a Comment